Saturday, January 22, 2011

THE MACHINE BEHIND THE MONKEYS

A picture of me at the machine doing what I seem to do best, creating Sock Monkeys! LOVE the old Singers!


 For anyone who is interested, these are my hands getting pieces of a sock ready to be sewn on my very old Singer sewing machine. The machine was given to me from the Mackie family after their mother passed away and has been put to good use over the past few weeks. It is approximately 45 years old and in great shape! This machine will sew through anything! They don't make them like they used to...
After their body, tail and arms are machine sewn, they have to be turned inside out, stuffed and then hand sewn on the main body along with the mouth, eyes and ears. It seems like a lengthy process and takes about 2 hours to complete one monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment