Saturday, April 30, 2011

APRIL 2011 COLLECTION

This is my oldest son Weston. I bribed him (with candy...) into being my Sock Monkey "Model" for the month of April. Being the sweet young man that he is, he agreed (without the candy...) and the sock monkeys just threw themselves at him. It was complete chaos!! I think one may have even bitten him!! It took us a few minutes, but we straightened them all out and managed to get the next picture. 

Again, my incredibly handsome and sweet son Weston. Of course having just been bitten by one of the sock monkeys (we think it was Rosie...), he put his 'serious face' on and wanted the picture done quickly so he could get the "heck out of dodge"....with the candy.... 
Once again I have successfully finished another batch of Sock Monkeys. I have to admit though, April was a bit of a slow month for me and I found I was never quite ahead of things. I remember being interviewed by CBC Trails End in January and told them to "check in on me in a few months and we'll see if I'm still excited about this project". Well, they haven't checked in with me (my feelings aren't hurt CBC...really...) and while I am still very excited about this project, I found that some days I was a bit "Cabin Fevered" - if that's something you can "be"- and picking up a sock monkey was the last thing on my mind.
Fear not though readers. Spring is in the air on this side of the Great Slave, the birds are singing, the days are longer and warmer and I've already started Mays batch. All is well in Jess's Sock Monkey World!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some of the monkeys are developing "POWS" (Possessive Of Weston Syndrome). Be careful, very careful. If this goes without treatment it could turn into a full all out stalking!

    ReplyDelete