Sunday, December 11, 2011

PEPPERMINT PATTY, GINGY & CANDY CANE



PEPPERMINT PATTY: Born - December 8th. Peppermint Patty was named for the pattern on her socks, NOT for the Charlie Brown character we all love. Although I could have used another name like Peppermint Paul or Peppermint Pete or even Peppermint Penelope, it just didn't "flow" as well as Peppermint Patty - so I used it. Please don't report me to the Charles. M. Schultz Society - being sued just before Christmas is never fun...
GINGY: Born - December 9th. Gingy has gingerbread men all over his body - again he was named for the pattern on his socks NOT for the gingerbread character in Shrek that we all love to smithereens. I could have called him Gingy George or Gingy Brown or even plain ole' Ginger but my son Elliot insisted on the name Gingy. So, Dreamworks, sue Elliot, not me.
CANDY CANE: Born - December 10th. And yet again, another Sock Monkey named for the pattern on their socks. This time though, I can't think of any beloved cartoon character he's named after that I might get sued over. In any case, sue Elliot....
Author's note: I love my son Elliot. Please don't sue him, I promise I will punish him instead.... How about a whooping with an over stuffed Sock Monkey? Crap! Then the Sock Monkey's will come after me for abuse!  Okay, just sue Elliot...

1 comment:

  1. Go ahead with the whooping, I'll post bail. Better yet, tell the Sock Monkey that you have a friend that would like to introduce them to a Mastodon.

    ReplyDelete