Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Buttons, Buttons, Buttons...

Ever wonder where all the buttons go that are lost or ripped off clothing or just laying there on the sidewalk? Well, I found the stash...at my mothers. She has an old tin FULL of buttons - all sizes, colors, shapes AND the best part, matching pairs!! Was I in button heaven?? You bet. To make things even better, she pulled out an old plastic bag full of buttons from my grandmother and great grandmother. Most of these were still on the cardboard tag you buy them on - some worth a whopping .15 cents!! My mother, being the fabulous mother she is, kindly let me take a bag full home of these unique buttons. Some of the monkeys I will be making will have button eyes that are 50 to 70 years old. How cool is that!
So, if you have a stash of buttons and are willing to part with a few pairs, send them in as well. All will be used and greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment